- Frozen Meatballs: You can find various meatball options, from beef and pork to turkey and chicken. Choose a 32oz bag of your preference. Defrosting is not necessary.
- Ketchup: Using ketchup creates a tomato-like base for the sauce of the meatballs.
- Beer: Other than being the highlight of the recipe, slow cooking with beer also tenderizes the meat and adds flavor.
- Onion Soup Mix: Creates all the flavors needed for the perfect meatball taste. This mix includes dry onion flakes, beef bullion granules, onion powder, parsley, paprika, celery seed, and ground black pepper seasonings.
- Step One – Pour the bag of meatballs into the crock pot.
- Step Two – Add in the sauce ingredients – onion soup mix and ketchup, and pour over the beer.
- Step Three – Stir all the ingredients together until combined and the meatballs are covered with the sauce.
- Step Four – Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or HIGH for 2.5 hours. Serve and enjoy!
- Create the perfect appetizer by placing the meatballs on a platter and poking them with toothpicks.
- They also make for a tasty charcuterie board option when surrounded by cheese bites and mini slices of bread or crackers.
- Turn these meatballs into a hearty meal by serving them on a bed of mashed potatoes, spaghetti noodles, or as yummy meatball subs.
- Other variations include making sweet meatballs by adding brown sugar or making them spicy by adding sriracha or red pepper flakes. Adding bbq sauce will quickly turn them into bbq meatballs.