- Cranberries – Fresh or frozen works well with this recipe, so you can make homemade cranberry sauce any time of year.
- Bourbon – Cranberry and bourbon are a match made in heaven, your guests will be asking what your secret ingredient is!
- Orange – This recipes uses a whole orange that is quartered.
- Sweetener and Spice – Brown sugar and honey sweeten this bourbon cranberry sauce, also add a touch of cinnamon.
- Step One – Place all ingredients in your slow cooker. Stir well and cover with lid.
- Step Two – Cook on high 3 hours or low 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove orange slices and stir; pop any unpopped cranberries. Allow cranberry sauce to cool before serving. The sauce will thicken considerably as it cools.
- Cranberry sauce lasts in the fridge for 10-14 days in an airtight container.
You can freeze cranberry sauce just as you would jam. You can freeze it for up to three months.