- Wet Ingredients: Sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, milk, and pure vanilla extract combine to make some of the best hot cocoa.
- Dry Ingredients: Sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: Adds a chocolate kick and helps with color and thickness as well.
- Step One – Add all of the ingredients to the crock pot and whisk to combine.
- Step Two – Cook on HIGH for an hour or on LOW for 2 hours, occasionally stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and heated through. (If you plan to keep the crock pot on, turn it to a warm setting so it doesn’t burn.)
- Try playing around with different flavors. Add candy canes to create peppermint hot chocolate. Drop in a few cinnamon sticks to create a subtle cinnamon flavor. And make it an adult beverage by adding a shot of peppermint Schnapps.
- When it comes to toppings, you can’t go wrong by adding mini marshmallows, a dollop of whipped cream, or a few semi sweet chocolate chips into the bottom of your mug for an enhanced chocolate flavor.
- Substituting the milk is another option when making crockpot hot chocolate recipe. Instead of whole milk, try almond milk or cashew milk.